Mission & Beliefs
Mount de Sales Academy forms young women in the spirit of Saint Francis de Sales and in fidelity to the Sacred Scripture and the Sacred Tradition of the Roman Catholic Church through a college preparatory education that nurtures the whole person. Anchored in faith, the community of Mount de Sales Academy is committed to academic excellence, lifelong learning, moral responsibility, service to others, and the dignity of the human person.
At Mount de Sales Academy, we are committed to the following:
- We believe in and are faithful to the teachings of Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition as proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church.
- We believe in the dignity of all human life from conception to natural death and in the importance of demonstrating our commitment to these values.
- We believe that learning and living the Catholic faith and participating in its liturgical and sacramental life is the center of the mission, life, daily activities and the family of Mount de Sales Academy.
- We believe in the value of serving the Lord by serving others through Christian outreach.
- We believe that the sense of family and unity which exists at Mount de Sales Academy has its source in the Communion of Saints and reflects that same Communion.
- We believe that the parents are the primary educators of their children and that the faculty and staff are privileged to share in the parents' mission of formation.
- We believe in educating the whole student - spiritually, intellectually, morally, physically, and socially - in order for her to reach her full potential.
- We believe that students grow best in an academic environment that supports, challenges, and nurtures each student to be a lifelong learner, to think critically, and to be aware of and develop her God-given talents.
- We believe that any achievement, academic or otherwise, is rooted in virtue.
- We believe in the importance of academic excellence and provide a broad curriculum that allows each student to excel at a level supporting her academic abilities.
Community & Leadership
- We believe that the foundation received at Mount de Sales Academy results in young women who will exercise responsible citizenship and who will be witnesses of faith to the world.
- We believe in a sense of family within the school that fosters lifelong commitment to the values of the Mount de Sales tradition.
- We believe in providing leadership and service opportunities for students, challenging them to reach their potential and to make positive contributions to the Mount de Sales Academy community and to the community at large.
- We believe traditions foster school unity, create meaningful memories, and are an integral part of the Mount de Sales Academy experience.