Goals of the Parents' Club
The Mount de Sales Academy Parents’ Club is open to all current and past parents. The Parents’ Club has two main goals:
- For parents, administration, faculty and students to work together for the benefit of Mount de Sales Academy; and
- To support Mount de Sales in its endeavors to provide the students with higher levels of education and spiritual growth.
In an effort to achieve these goals, the Parents’ Club aims to:
- Join together as a team in order to induce fundraising to help Mount de Sales financially.
- Provide an atmosphere of kindness and concern and a sense of belonging.
- Provide functions that bring the school community together to share time - socially and spiritually.
Some of the fundraisers and activities for the 2016- 2017 school year:
- Fall and Spring Clean-up
- Fall Fundraiser
- Work Group
- Spaghetti Dinner and Christmas Bazaar
- After Prom Party
- Uniform Exchange
- Father/Daughter Cotillion
- Senior Mother/Daughter Tea
- Golf Tournament and Raffle
- Communion Breakfast
Parents' Club Monthly Meetings
Monthly, 7:00 p.m. - Mount de Sales Academy Bird Room
The Parents' Club meets the third Thursday of each month. Come meet other parents and take an active role in the school. All parents are welcome and invited to attend!
Mount de Sales Academy provides several ways to stay connected to everything that’s going on at school:
- Sailor Mail. If you are not receiving Sailor Mail e-mails, please send an e-mail request: email@example.com. Please include your daughter’s name and year in the e-mail.
- Review the monthly Parents' Club Meeting minutes listed above
- Attending the monthly Parents' Club Meetings.
- Signing on to Edline.
Volunteers are always needed
Interested in volunteering? Please visit the link below to sign-up:
Visit the Parents' Club Volunteer Sign-Up Website
Any questions? Contact Kim Dignan, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dads with Grads (DWG)
Dads with Grads, or DWG, will provide the opportunity for fathers of alumnae to reconnect or stay connected with the Mount de Sales Community.
The goals of Dads with Grads are as follows:
- DWG will give men the opportunity to support MDSA beyond graduation to help ensure future families have the same faith based education opportunity for their daughters.
- DWG will complement existing organizations at MDSA, but at the same time create something new: men offering up time and talent to make a difference at MDSA.
- DWG will meet primarily as a social group but also give men volunteer opportunities to assist the school through current initiatives (campus clean-up, spaghetti dinner, etc.) and unique, new opportunities that may arise around the growing campus.
The 1852 Crew
The 1852 Crew is a group of past and present MDSA moms and dads dedicated to the hands-on preservation of our beautiful school. Projects have included painting of hallways, restoration of the Cupola Bell, installation of overhead projectors, computers, cables, and screens in classrooms, and the restoration of our Gazebo.
Whether you are a past parent, current parent, grandparent, alumna, or friend of Mount de Sales, the 1852 Crew is always looking for new volunteers! For questions about current or future projects, or to find out how you can help, please contact Kim Dignan, email@example.com.
PARENTS' CLUB OFFICERS: 2016-2017
JoAnn Jones P'19, P’13
Diane Brinkley P'20
Maureen Roche P'19
Cindi Korpacz P'19