Asynchronous Lessons (Blizzard Bags)
Mount de Sales utilizes a “Blizzard Bag” protocol. If school is closed due to inclement weather, instead of logging in for 100% virtual lessons, students would receive a posted “asynchronous lesson”.
As Mount de Sales Academy is operating under a Modified Learning Platform for the 2020-2021 school year, no snow days have been allocated to the academic calendar. Therefore, “Blizzard Bags” will begin with the first snow closing.
Blizzard Bag Protocol
1. All students must check their Canvas pages after 9:45 a.m. Work that has been assigned is REQUIRED CLASSWORK.
2. Teachers will post their assignment to their Canvas class page by 9:45 a.m. that day.
3. Teachers will send students a message via Canvas, alerting them that the assignment has been uploaded along with any other details regarding the assignment.
4. Assignments will be designed so as to move the curriculum forward.
5. The entire assignment for a class should not exceed 50 minutes. (With 4 classes in a day that would mean you should have approximately 3 ½-4 hours of schoolwork.)
6. Keep in mind, you will still need to complete your assigned homework from the previous day.
7. Blizzard Bag work should not be due the same day it is assigned. Typically, it should be due the next class or, if it is a larger project, on a reasonable due date.
THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS GUIDELINE IS FOR THOSE WHO HAD A PRE-ASSIGNED QUIZ/TEST.
- If your teacher had a quiz/test planned for that day, they may require you to take that test/quiz. This would be your only Blizzard Bag assignments for the day for that class
- You would have until the end of the day to complete the quiz/test.
8. If you have lost power, or internet service it is YOUR responsibility to alert the teacher immediately.