Seton Keough students may submit an online application or the PDF application to submit by email or mail. The $50 fee is waived. If applying online, please complete Page 1 and at the top of Page 2 select “Click here to submit without payment.” Applicants should submit the Seton Keough High School Transcript Release Form to Seton Keough. Please refer to Seton Keough’s Transition Information page for further information.
Mount de Sales will notify applicants of additional steps when the information becomes available. The Mount de Sales Admissions Committee will assess each applicant’s file on an individual basis. Prior to deliberations we will not be able to determine admissions decisions.
Students are considered for transfer into Mount de Sales if space is available. Potential transfer students should carefully consider their reasons for transferring and read our transfer process below.
- Candidates and their parents must understand and be fully committed to supporting the mission and vision of Mount de Sales Academy.
- Candidates must be in good academic, disciplinary, and financial standing at their previous institution, with no outstanding financial obligations.
The best thing you can do for your daughter is complete her file in a timely manner. The Admissions Committee will not be able to make a decision if a file is not complete. As soon as you are able to complete any of the following, please do so:
- A shadow day scheduled between October and April is encouraged for any student considering Mount de Sales. To request a shadow day outside of this time frame, please contact the Admissions Office.
- The application, which can be submitted online or completed in hard-copy form and mailed, scanned and emailed, or faxed (the fax number is 410.747.5105).
- Application fee of $50. Online applicants may choose to pay online (page two of the online application) but can opt to mail payment. Mail payment to Mount de Sales Academy, Attn: Admissions, 700 Academy Road, Catonsville, MD 21228. Applicants may also mail the hard-copy application with the fee enclosed.
Official high school transcripts, which can typically be requested through a school’s guidance or registrar office. If a school does not have its own form, the Mount de Sales Record Request Form may be used. Standardized test scores must be included with these transcripts. Official transcripts are required from every high school the student has attended.
- For homeschoolers: If the student is enrolled in a bona fide homeschool program (e.g., Calvert, Kolbe) or oversight/co-op (e.g., Mother of Divine Grace), those transcripts are acceptable. Students not in a program or oversight/co-op must provide documentation showing proof of authorization from a county/district homeschool programs office with grades and a list of courses. In some cases, families will also be asked to provide a list of textbooks.
- Official middle school transcripts (if the student’s current high school has them on file, they may send them with the high school transcripts).
Two teacher recommendation forms (from the student’s current school). If your school does not have its own recommendation form, teachers may use the Mount de Sales Standard Recommendation Form. Please note: Letters of recommendation are optional; only recommendation forms are required.
- For homeschoolers: Recommendation forms can be completed by academic instructors or other adults who have instructed the student in extracurricular activities.
- A 30-minute interview is required with the student and at least one parent/guardian. The Admissions Office will let applicant families know when it’s time to schedule an interview.
- Sacred Heart Program: Students interested in applying to the Sacred Heart Program must submit all necessary documentation directly to Program Director Mary Jo Puglisi. Click here for program information and documentation guidelines.
- Tuition Assistance: Transfer families can be considered for tuition assistance if they complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment. For tuition assistance information and the application process, click here.
Please contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions:
Emily Ko '07
Director of Admissions
410.744.8498 ext. 126
Robyn Levy ‘06
Assistant Director of Admissions
410.744.8498 ext. 276